Did trump have a secret server in the Trump Tower thru which he communicated with Russian intelligence or Putin? Apparently there were logs from the computer that showed communication between Trump’s server and a server that belongs to a Russian bank! Gasp!!
This was another hysterical Russia-Trump conspiracy from the election season. Although it was debunked at that time, and the FBI cleared it as well, the story still resurfaced in the social media today. Hence a quick recap.
– Trump Org outsourced some of its marketing and promotions to a company called Cendyn
– Cendyn owned “trump-email.com”
– Cendyn also does similar work for other Hotel Chains such as Sheraton, Hyatt etc.
– Cendyn, in fact, owns more than 600 domains and websites
– Cendyn, in turn, outsourced the email campaign to a company called Listrak
– Listrak is the one who actually, physically owns and maintains the so-called “secret Trump server”
– Why would a Listrak server communicate with a Russian bank’s server?
– Russia’s Alfa Bank is a large private Russian bank with ~1000 branches and offices around the world
– When Alfa Bank employees stay at Trump hotels or hold events at Trump golf courses anywhere in the world, their emails get sent to Listrak
– When Listrak sends promotional emails to Alfa Bank employees, the email servers ping (talk to) each other. For technical people, it’s called “DNS Lookup.”
– No conspiracy!
For more details, you can read the following articles: