The idea of US and its allies supporting ISIS is shocking to most people and creates a lot of painful cognitive dissonance. The immediate reactions might be, “Impossible” … “Conspiracy Theory!” However, all the evidences are incontrovertible and have been laid out before us. It’s just a matter of piecing them together.
You see, to overthrow Assad in Syria, the US elites couldn’t openly arm Al Qaeda and ISIS. That’s where Saudi Arabia and Qatar come into play. These two countries would buy the weapons from the U.S. and ship them to the terrorists in Syria mostly via Turkey and some through Jordan (Turkey borders Syria on the north; Jordan on the south).
All the top people in the U.S. government knew and acknowledged the roles of Saudi Arabia and Qatar in funding ISIS. For example…
- Hillary Clinton wrote to her campaign manager, John Podesta, that “Qatar and Saudi Arabia are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIS and other radical Sunni groups in the region.”
- Joe Biden also revealed the same facts about Saudi Arabia and Qatar in a colorful speech at Harvard University.
- A 2009 State Dept. confidential cable admitted: “Saudi Arabia is the #1 sponsor of terrorist groups all over the world.”
- 4-Star General Martin Dempsey – Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff – said during a Senate hearing, “I know many Arab allies who fund ISIS.”
- NATO Commander Gen. Wesley Clark said, “our friends and allies funded ISIS.”
- Presidential candidate Evan McMullin tweeted that his role in CIA was to convince Al Qaeda to work with the U.S.
- Officials of DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) warned in a Pentagon memo in 2012 that the US should stop arming the Syrian rebels since the opposition group in Syria was primarily made up of Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda and Salafists (groups like ISIS that follow extremist version of Sunni Islam).
Isn’t it strange that the U.S. would do nothing about the countries that fund and arm ISIS? No outrage, no condemnation, no sanctions and no wars. In fact, these countries that support ISIS are our best buddies!
Look Who Sees ISIS as an Ally!
Even more bizarrely, both the U.S. and Israel have admitted that they view ISIS positively since it was/is helping them in the regime change plot against Assad. Not to mention that Israel’s relationship with ISIS is beyond suspicious.
- John Kerry, as the Sec. of State, admitted that the U.S. sought to use ISIS as a leverage against Assad during negotiations. In the same audio, Kerry talks about how the U.S. has spent a lot of money and efforts overthrowing Assad; and how Putin came in and weakened ISIS.
- Defense Minister of Israel said in an interview that ISIS attacked Israel only once, but ISIS apologized immediately! This is an extraordinary statement in so many ways, if you think about it. No wonder many people say that ISIS stands for “Israeli Secret Intelligence Services.”
- Israel’s Military Intelligence Chief said during a speech that “Israel prefers ISIS over the Syrian government.”
- A prominent Israeli think tank said that ISIS is a “useful tool against Iran and Hezbollah.”
- UN Observers in Golan Heights have reported that Israel arms Syrian rebels and assists wounded rebels
- Israeli newspapers reported in 2017 that Israel has been arming, funding many Islamic militant groups in Golan heights for many years
- Thomas Friedman of The New York Times wrote two pieces asserting that ISIS is better than Assad (2015 article, 2017 article).
But We Are Arming “Moderate Rebels”!!!
The biggest cover for the 6-year attack on Syria was that we were supporting “freedom-loving” rebels. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It was obvious that:
A. The so-called “Free Syrian Army” of “moderate rebels” are often just as fundamentalist as the Taliban or other Salafists; they are just as ruthless and violent as ISIS.
B. The moderate rebels mingled and cooperated with both Al Qaeda and ISIS, as extensively reported even by the mainstream media.
Please read my article “The Myth of Moderate Rebels” for more details.
However, on the pretext of imaginary “moderate rebels,” billions of dollars of weapons and tens of thousands of terrorists were sent into Syria. Even the lying mainstream media have published hundreds of detailed articles on the shipment of weapons and flow of money from the Gulf States to Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria.
So those are quite convincing evidences of US and its allies funding, arming, training and supporting ISIS in Syria.
(BTW, why would the U.S. support Al Qaeda and ISIS and so desperately want to overthrow Assad? Because oil/gas, pipelines and religion (Sunni-Shiite conflict). You can read my article “Three Motives and Seven Countries Behind the War in Syria“)
Now let’s look at other circumstantial evidences that would lead us to the same conclusion.
Connecting the dots … Circumstantial Evidence for Helping ISIS
If you carefully look at the birth of ISIS, how they acquired weapons and money, traded oil, used satellite TV and social media, and became so powerful … it’s obvious they got a lot of help from the globalists.
Suspicious Birth of ISIS
To start from the beginning, the top leaders of Al Qaeda in Iraq – which was first known as Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and then morphed into ISIS – had spent time in CIA prisons. One guy – Baghdadi – went on to lead ISIS; the second guy – Julani – became the leader of Al Qaeda (Al Nusra) in Syria. It’s just like Libya, when Abdul Belhaj left the CIA prison to lead the war against Gaddafi.
Also, many foreign commanders who later joined ISIS had links to the CIA – for example, ISIS commander Omar Shishani, who the media proudly said was a “star pupil” of the CIA in Georgia (the country).
Unhindered Growth of ISIS
With all the surveillance abilities of NSA and CIA, it’s hard to believe that they have no idea where the top leaders of ISIS and Al Qaeda are. It wouldn’t be surprising if these terrorists are living in a luxurious mansion in one of the Gulf States, monitoring their global jihad campaigns.
The entire story of ISIS was so ridiculous from the beginning. A bunch of terrorists with just simple guns somehow managed to take over big cities in Iraq. At the same time, they also never attacked Baghdad – a sign of “controlled chaos.” They got hold of a huge arsenal of weapons – tanks, mortars, rockets etc. without much fight. ISIS also immediately knew how to operate those hi-tech weapons – a sign of US training. Later, ISIS was moving around the vast desert in 1000’s of brand new Toyota pickup trucks and US-made tanks totally unhindered. Using Iraqi air force or the vast US air force in Saudi military bases, ISIS could have been easily wiped out at the time.
Oops, ISIS Got Our Weapons
When a report from Amnesty International pointed out in 2015 that most of ISIS’ weapons were American, media pundits just came up all kinds of excuses and explanations.
Then there were those moments when, oops, the U.S. accidentally dropped weapons in ISIS-held areas. Come on!
How about when audits done by the US Department of Defense reveal that over $2.5 billion worth of weapons/vehicles sent to Iraq and Kuwait in 2015/2016 cannot be accounted for?
Or, how about the time when CNN showed a video of ISIS training camp that had tents marked “US”?
For three years, Turkey was selling US-made weapons to ISIS in exchange for stolen oil. This went on until Putin came in and destroyed ISIS’ oil tankers – easy targets for jets. When asked why the US hadn’t done the same, Mike Morell, former CIA chief and supporter of Hillary Clinton, said the U.S. was afraid of environmental damage! The insanity of such lies is beyond incredible.
Fake Attacks on ISIS and Real Attacks on the Syrian Military
Obama kept dropping thousands of bombs in Syria/Iraq – 50,000 bombs in 2015 and 2016 alone – but ISIS kept growing. If each bomb had killed just one ISIS soldier, there wouldn’t be any ISIS left. It was obvious Obama was waging a fake war.
Media and Pundits Rooted For ISIS and Al Qaeda
ISIS is what is known as “Psy Ops” in the military.
It was quite obvious that ISIS’ propaganda machine was driven by Americans/Israelis with Hollywood and Public Relations experience. ISIS’ vast presence in social media – Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and more – in multiple languages, incredibly creative (but sick) videos and messaging that appealed to westerners, and the use of satellite TV to broadcast gruesome propaganda were all clear indications of vast support from western intelligence agencies. (Think about how Facebook, Twitter and YouTube block or delete accounts for saying anything mildly politically incorrect.)
As an example of media collusion and blatant Establishment propaganda, consider the Saudi cleric Abdullah Muhaisini (also Mhaisni/Muhaysni) in Syria who the L.A. Times describes as a “superstar” while BBC prefers “charismatic.” He has Twitter accounts with 300,000+ followers and is popular on YouTube/Telegram as well. The shocking part is that he is a terrorist in Syria who openly assists ISIS/Al Qaeda, recruits young kids for suicide bombing and proudly participates in mass executions.
When ISIS was defeated and it’s capital, Mosul, was liberated in July 2017, the titles in mainstream media spoke volumes. Nobody celebrated it; it was bemoaned as “Fall” of Mosul. And the discussion wasn’t how Iraq can recuperate or how Iraq can avoid groups such as ISIS in the future. Instead, the analyses were how ISIS can come back! The ultra-liberal New Yorker screamed, “Mosul Falls. What’s Next For ISIS?” The conservative Wall Street Journal pondered somberly, “What would the fall of Mosul mean for ISIS?”
Finally, if Assad kills people in Syria, the west sheds crocodile tears, acts so shocked and starts debating air strikes. However, when ISIS kills people in Europe, politicians and the media tell us to get used to it.
Why? What’s the Big Picture?
Islamic terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda, ISIS, Al Shabaab (Somalia), Abu Sayyaf (Philippines), Boko Haram (Nigeria) are all useful tools for the globalists. Islamic terrorism is a source of cheap warriors who will fight fiercely and die gladly. There are also plenty of them and can be summoned from around the world, thus serving as mercenaries for endless wars, which is wonderful for the military-industrial complex and the puppet masters who dream of global hegemony. Also, proxy wars can be started without having to go through political debates or get Congressional/public approvals. Yes, a few countries will be destroyed, there will be blowback, there will be mass immigration of Muslims to Europe and the U.S., there will be social chaos … but it’s all worth it. This is the inconvenient truth and you can read about it in my article on the unholy alliance between the globalists and Islamic terrorists.
Author: Chris Kanthan
Related Blog Posts: Truth About Syria in 2 minutes (Video)